Are you are overwhelmed with too much to do and too little time?
Do you struggle to get caught up, but new tasks and responsibilities just keep coming in? Do you feel like you will never be able to do everything you have to do? Is your home or office is filled with paper clutter and you can’t seem to find anything when you need it?
How Can Evernote Help?
If you are anything like me you struggle with some or all of these issues. I have struggled with most of them for many years, and have been frustrated trying to find a solution that worked for me. If you have ever been frustrated by any of these things, you are probably looking for a perfect solution too. What I have found is that Evernote can solve most of these issues for me. Evernote’s tagline is “Remember Everything,” and that’s exactly what it does. It allows you to store all kinds of information and to find it when you need it the most. I have been using Evernote for months. However, until recently I have not taken time to explore it in more detail. I have mainly just used it for a place to store stuff that I wanted to find later.
I have recently found that Evernote can also help me:
- Maintain My Task List - We all have some type of task list, and we all approach them differently. I believe in keeping mine simple and use Evernote to maintain my task list and to remind me of the things that I need to do.
- Store Email - I am trying to get to “inbox zero” and empty my inbox at the end of every day. Evernote helps me clear out my inbox by storing any email that I want to save for later.
- Store Important Papers - I scan bills, receipts, manuals, and any other paper items into Evernote using a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i (affiliate link). This is reducing the amount of paper clutter in my home and office.
- Maintain My Lists - I use Evernote to maintain a list of things that I need to buy when I am at Publix, Lowes, etc. Having my list on my phone, iPad, and computer ensures that I have what I need where and when I need it.
- How Can You Make Evernote Work For You?
There are three ways to learn how to make Evernote work for you:
- Trial and Error - While it is easy enough to get started with Evernote, it is a program that is incredibly deep and rich. You can spend hours getting up to speed on your own and eventually you will learn how to make Evernote work for you.
- Evernote Essentials - Evernote Essentials (affiliate link) is is a great way get up-to-speed on Evernote. At $29, it’s a bargain compared to the time it would take you to learn this stuff on your own. Brett Kelly does a great job covering the basics and this is a great place to start.
- Take Note System - The Take Note System (affiliate link) is a complete step-by-step process that features video tutorials that clearly walk you through every aspect of setting up your Evernote account and using it right away. At $47 for the basic package, which is only a little more than the cost of a book, it provides over 4 hours of video tutorials. You can’t go wrong with this product and I highly recommend it. If you don’t agree, Kent offers a 100% money-back guarantee so you have nothing to lose.