Starting today, I am accepting proposals for guest posts. I am establishing these guidelines to prevent any misunderstandings, and hope that they will lead to mutually beneficial relationships. Currently, I plan to publish no more than one post per week. These will most likely appear on Fridays. I reserve the right to not publish any post that I do not think will provide value to my readers.
- Exposure to a new and growing community
- Social Media Promotion
- Links to your blog
- Increase your subscribers
- Increase your online presence
- Build your Brand
- Your post must be original and must not have been published either in print or on the Internet.
- You must agree to not publish the post anywhere else including your own blog.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog, one for your About page, and one for your Twitter account.
- You may include a maximum of 2 additional related anchor text links to your own website within the body of the article.
- You must provide proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
- Posts should be related to Blogging, Branding, Social Media, Leadership, Personal Development, or Personal Productivity.
- Posts should run between 500 and 800 words.
- Posts should not include any affiliate links.
- Posts should not be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- Posts should include bold, underlines, and paragraphs wherever required to give your text more clarity. Bullets and numbered lists also help to provide better posts.
- Posts should include an image as it helps to get a better reader response. You can find some images on Flickr.com with a Creative Commons license which allows them to be legally shared.
How to Submit Guest Article
- Send your post by email to me here.
- Please format your post as an HTML document so that I can copy and paste it into WordPress. Please use H2 or H4 tags for sub-headings.
- Attach images to a separate email. Check that the max size is 500px wide, and confirm the source of image for Creative Commons license and photo credits.
- Make sure to include a formatted author byline that includes a one or two-sentences that explain what you do with the links to your website and twitter account.
- I reserve the right to edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
After Article is Published
- Please answer reader comments to help clarify issues and improve discussion. Having the guest author answer comments creates a better reader response.
- I will promote the post on my social media network. It will be mutually beneficial if you do the same on your network.